9.28.2009

cantaloupe popsicles


Saturday was almost unbearably hot (a whopping 85F) so I decided to transform my lowly cantaloupe into a refreshing treat. It was ridiculously easy to make and even better to bite into on such a hot day. The popsicles were a departure from the unnaturally hued icy treats of my childhood both in color and nutritional value. My popsicles were three ingredient wonders: cantaloupe, sugar, water(and if you're feeling adventurous), a bit of lime juice. I combined the water and sugar into a simple syrup and tossed that mixture with the cut-up cantaloupes into my trusty new food processor to puree. Once pureed I poured them into my handy popsicle molds(although small paper cups will also work) and placed them into the freezer for about two hours. This may just be my foray into street food. I had brief fantasies of selling my frozen "pops" to the sweltering masses at Dolores Park. The hubby even insisted on calling one of the popsicles the flirtsicle. A nod to the now banned and renamed cocktail favored by my frisky friends. This adultsicle will be a one part champagne and one part vodka with a splash of pineapple juice. It's gonna be a hit! Watch for it at DP on the next SF "summer" day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment